At AJ’s, we are excited to welcome exercise physiology services onsite!
Accredited exercise scientists (AESs) hold an undergraduate degree in the field of exercise and sports science. They specialise in the design, implementation and evaluation of exercise and physical activity for healthy people. They provide programs for improving general health, the prevention of chronic diseases, health promotion and enhanced sports performance. AESs work in hospitals, community health units, workplaces, gymnasiums and in education.
An Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP) holds a four-year equivalent university degree and specialises in the exercise and movement for the prevention and management of chronic diseases and injuries. AEPs provide support for people with:
- cardiovascular disease
- osteoporosis and arthritis
- mental health conditions
- cancer and cancer treatment recovery
- chronic pain and fatigue
- post-surgical rehabilitation (ACL reconstruction, hip/knee replacement)
- neuromuscular exercise therapy (multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, Parkinson’s disease)
- pulmonary disease and more
AJ’s is a gym that offers you more than just a gym! For more information on exercise physiology or to find out how to book, send us an email, phone us or drop in to Reception.